Brand new game! Pawns is an original puzzle game. I created it in 6 weeks using Unity and I think it’s my best game yet. I’m particularly proud of the last four puzzles, but woe betide anyone who doesn’t work their way through some of the other puzzles first, because they get harder as they go.
Page edges sometimes seemed to disappear on a GeForce 5200 under OS X Tiger. Improved them a little.
- Fixed music volume control.
- Words above 9 letters now recognized.
- New “straight line” option for word selection for players who didn’t like free-form scribbling.
- Increased maximum board-clearing bonus from 1000 to 2000 points.
- Freeform word crossing out (the default) has been tweaked so that rapid mouse movement on slow CPUs doesn’t confuse it.
- Toggle full screen/windowed works and the playing area is correctly centered.
- No more full-screen white flash on startup.
- Added numeric timer display.
- Updated scoring rules in Readme. Other minor tweaks.